Sunday, November 22, 2009

Low Battery, just got Internet access

Hi All
Life is complicated here in Abu Dhabi. Getting Internet is like getting top secret security, we needed 'signed and 'officially stamped' letters from my work. Then this Apt. does not let 'transients' get internet access. So I had to go around all first line staff in every departmet here at the hospital. Finally I got the right stamps on my papers (like the letters of transit in Casablanca, you can't do anything in Abu Dhabi unless you have stamped papers).

Now we have power problems as our converter keeps blowing fuses so I have limited power on my Laptop.

All these problems will be worked out. In the UAE we just wait and God Willing it will be.

We are off to a bank now at 6 pm on a Sunday (a work day in the UAE). I finally got my 'papers' to allow me to open a bank account. In the UAE you must have permission from your employer to open a bank account. The letter has my monthly salary on it for all to see. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment